Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
| An answer to John Loftus rather deluded article I found on the web called Top 10 Signs You Are A Deluded Christian |
At least he admits it is an opinion.
I simply present the facts that show that he is over-generalizing and using simplifications which are not necessarily true. In fact most of them are bold assumptions spun from jaded minds that seem to believe that if you don't believe like them, then you are deluded.
How deluded is that? Why are these kind of people so arrogant and mockers of believers?
2) As an adult never adopts nor cultivates the adult attitude of doubt. All adults must revisit the religious faith taught to them by their parents, since #1 above is undeniably true. That means they must doubt. Doubt is the adult attitude.
3) Never reads widely or is exposed to other points of view in the media. I'm talking about non-fiction works about the sciences, different
5) Stays within the social confines of like-minded religious people. The Amish are the extreme examples of this. Many believers only have believing friends. Even if believers cannot travel the world they can still step outside their social grouping to meet other people who think differently. Most believers do not trust people of different faiths or non-believers. Seek them out. Attend a freethinker's group meeting. Get to know them. Become friends with them.
5) Never studies deeply into the nature of his or her adopted faith. The more you know the less you believe, the less confident you become, the more you doubt.
7) Preaches to people who think differently rather than rationally engaging them. I am constantly amazed, bewildered, frustrated, and bored with the kind of responses I see from believers who comment here at DC. They come here preaching. They pontificate. They quote mine from the
8) Claims he or she does not need evidence to believe. Take notice Alvin Plantinga and Bill Craig! This is utterly delusional thinking especially when we consider all of the things they must take as properly basic beliefs coming from the witness of the Holy
Nota Bene: The Universe Is Haunted, Stephen Meyer TV Series on ID, and Registration Ends Friday for Westminster Conference
Having trouble? View online
Discovery Institute | 208 Columbia Street | Seattle | WA | 98104
Monday, March 14, 2011
They then slashed the throat of the 11-year old-son who was reading in bed. They did not notice the 2-year old asleep in his bed, but murdered the 3-year old with two stabs to his heart.
After that, they locked the door, exited through the window and escaped. Exactly two hours after the infiltration, there was another warning signal from the same spot on the fence, as the terrorists left the way they had come. Once again, the patrol did not identify the source of the signal as infiltration.
The 12-year-old daughter returned home at 00:30 and found the door locked. She asked a neighbor, Rabbi Yaakov Cohen, of the Itamar Yeshiva, to help her. He brought a weapon with him once he noticed tracks and mud near the house. The two woke up the 6-year old sleeping in the living room by calling through the window and when he opened the door, the Rabbi returned to his home.
When she entered the bedrooms, the young daughter saw the horrific bloodsoaked scene and ran out of the house screaming.
The neighbor ran back and fired several shots in the air to alert security personnel. Within a short time, large police and IDF forces arrived and began intensive searches to see if the terrorists were still in the community. At 03:30 a.m., military trackers discovered footprints leading to the Arab village of Avrata.
May the Almighty embrace the souls of those who were murdered in a flood of light and total peace, while avenging their deaths. May He be ever with the surviving children.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
in Israeli hospitals.
of Islamic Apartheid, Honor Killings,
Gender & Sexual Inequality, do you not?
thousand dollars under MY pillow...."