|It All Happened by Chance|
"appeal to ignorance (argumentum ex silentio)
-appealing to ignorance as evidence for something. (e.g., We have no evidence that God exists, therefore, he must NOT exist.)
Or: Because we have no knowledge of GOD, that means He does not exist. Ignorance about something says nothing about its existence or non-existence."
This is a fundamental reason why atheism is untenable. Atheists say they have seen no evidence for a God so THEREFORE he does not exist. That is like saying, I have NEVER seen Antarctica, therefore Antarctica does not exist.
Therefore I submit that a person cannot be an honest reasoning person if one calls oneself and atheist and uses the above argument.
Just because you have not FOUND God, does not mean he does not exist.
An appropriate and honest response to the existence of God would be. I have found NO evidence that there is a God, so I simply do not know if he exists or not. This kind of reasoning is honest and simply a matter of your personal search for God and your result: not finding him.
My simple response to an agnostic is: Just because you cannot find your car keys, does not mean they do not exist, just that you have not found them yet. When you look in the right place, you will find them. So you have not found God? No problem. Keep looking in other places until you do. He is simply NOT where you looked.
Of course many proclaimed atheists take the unreasoning way out and have NEVER really looked for evidence of God because they do NOT WANT to find him. If they did, they may have to listen to him since he would obviously be a superior being with superior knowledge. And that is the crux of why many call themselves atheists.
- They do not want to find anyone with superior knowledge to their own
- Therefore they do NOT look
- They simply wait until God appears before them and of course he never does, so they say they are atheists.
- Isn't that like saying, "I cannot see my car keys. Therefore I will wait until they appear before me." How reasonable is that? And yet that is what self-proclaimed atheists often do.
For these simple reasons, if one was honest about knowing the existence of God, one would call oneself an agnostic. Agnostics simply have not found God and therefore do not know if he exists or not.
Isn't this more reasonable than denying the existence of something you have not looked for or have not looked for in the RIGHT places?
If one is reasonable enough to admit that one is an agnostic, then we can point them in the right direction to find evidence of God. He can still reject the evidence but at least he is willing to look at it.
There are many evidences of God.
It is fair to remember that no one can prove the existence of God OR NOT! Why? Because God is an intangible non-physical entity which cannot be weighed, measured or simply made to appear at will.
Does LOVE exist? I am talking about the CARING kind of love that one sees by the action of the person who loves. (I am not talking about physical attraction type of love..)
How would you prove that kind of LOVE exists? Would the evidences below be examples?
- if someone helps someone less fortunate, then would you say that is an evidence of love?
- If someone pushes someone out of the way of an oncoming vehicle?
- If one donates money to help those lest fortunate?
- If one spends time helping in a food kitchen to feed those less fortunate?
- If one donates any kind of time to help others?
- We measure love by the evidences of caring.
|The Logs Fell Together After a Violent Tornado|
What makes you believe that God exists?
|This Train Was Built by Chance|
- Does God Exist?
- An Experience
- Interesting takes
- Got Questions?
- Reborn Humanity
- Why I Left Atheism
- Former Atheists and Agnostics
- Freedom to me
- Birth & Death of an Atheist
- Atheist Goes to Church
- Does God Exist?
- Challenging Atheism
- A Word to Atheists
- Jesus Fulfilled Hundreds of Prophecies
- Who is God?
- Israel Reborn in One Day Prophecy
- Vicki's Abuse Story
- Joni Eareckson Tada
- Paul Bird - Former Atheist
- Atheists, Agnostics, Intellectuals Became Christian
|Amazing Rink Lands Inside Mall !!!|
|Amazing Train Bridge Drops out of Sky Right On Track!|
|Trees Came Together By Chance|
|The Molecules of This Butterfly Got Together by Chance|
|A Pile of Feathers, Some Skin and Flesh|
Merged in WhirlWind and Formed
Perfect Bird !!!