Even tho I love my 2009 B&W, for a person my age it is not the best for longer rides. I rode to visit my buddy Barrie in Cornwall last year. That is when I discovered that for longer rides, at my age of 67, I should upgrade. I did the research before buying the Kymco B&W 250 and discovered it was one of the most reliable, if not THE most reliable scooter in production.
Check the reviews on it here:
This is only 1 place I found fantastic reviews of the 250 B&W. However out of 25 reviews, the total rating is 4.4 out of 5 with 100% of users recommending the scooter!
If you read the reviews you will see that as long ago as 2002 owners usually have to check fluids, keep them topped up, change the oil, once a year or so, change coolant and that is it!
I bet your car needs more care than that! (:-)
Kymco Bet and Win 250cc Reviews
I have made the upgrade. So now my B&W 250 [250cc / 70 miles per gallon] is for sale.
Original Retail price was $4899
- 4 stroke engine [no mixing of oil and gas]
- liquid cooling [better than air, with a fan if it gets too hot]
- 168 kg
- CVT transmission [automatic, continuous variable transmission]
- disk brakes front and rear
- 10L fuel capacity
- locking fuel cap
- underseat storage
- matching mirrors
- digital dash with full gauge suite showing speed, RPM, radiator temp, air temp, gas remaining, low fuel reminder plus time
- carrier plate to attach a topcase [trunk] cost ~$100
- Givi topcase ~$135
- Windscreen ~$250 with installation
Warranty valid until November 2011 !!!
My Scooter with me on it! No I do NOT ride this way! (:-)