Why I have NO sympathy for the Postal Strike nor CUPW. Lorne Gunter sums it up quite rightly in the National Post.
- DHL owned by German Post Office
- Largest logistics company in the world
- Makes a big profit
- Privatized former state-owned post office
- Germany gets their mail 6 days per week as does the U.S.
- Most of what I get in my mailbox is junk mail that companies paid the post office to include in mail
- However they did not pay me to read or sort it at $18 or $24 per hour, so I am on strike
- I refuse to take home any junk mail from my mailbox
- I will "mail" it back by putting it in the letter drop from now on
"Lorne Gunter: Canada Post-CUPW fighting over a sinking ship
no longer need Canada Post or its workers.